Name:_____________Class: 5___Class No: ___Marks: ____ / ____ Answer all questions
Section A (1 mark each)
2011-CE-MATH 2 Q24
1. The figure shows a prism ABCDEF with a right-angled triangle as the cross-section. The angle between BE and the plane ABCD is A.ABE.
2011-CE-MATH 2 Q50
2. In the figure, ABCDEFGH is a cuboid. If FHG = x, BFG = y and HBG = z, then tan z = A.tan x tan y.
2010-CE-MATH 2 Q28
3. In the figure, AD is a vertical pole standing on the horizontal ground BCD. If E is a point lying on BC such that DE and AE are perpendicular to BC, then the angle between the plane ABC and the horizontal ground is A.ABD.
In the figure, ABCDEFGH is a cube. If M and N are the mid-points of AB and EH respectively, then cos = A..
2009-CE-MATH 2 Q16
5. The angle of elevation of P from Q is 40, then the angle of depression of Q from Q is A.40.
2009-CE-MATH 2 Q47
6. In the figure, ABCDEFGH is a rectangular block. EG and FH intersect at X. M is the mid-point of BG. If the angle between MX and the plane BCHG is , then tan = A..
2008-CE-MATH 2 Q49
7. The figure shows a right prism ABCDEF with a right-angled triangle as the cross-section. A, B, E and F lie on the horizontal ground. G and H are two points on the horizontal ground so that G, A, B and H are collinear. It is given that AB = 6 m, AG = 3 m and BH = 2 m. If DAE = a, CBF = b, CHF = c and DGE = d, which of the following must be true?
A.a < d < c
B.c < a < d
C.c < d < b
D.d < c < b
2007-CE-MATH 2 Q24
8. In the figure, ABCDE is a right pyramid with the square base BCDE. F is a point lying on AC such that BF and DF are perpendicular to AC. The angle between the plane ABC and the plane ACD is A.ACB.
2006-CE-MATH 2 Q16
9. In the figure, PA =QA. If the bearing of P and Q from A are N42E and S28E respectively, then the bearing of P from Q is A.N7E.
2006-CE-MATH 2 Q24
10. The figure shows a right prism ABCDEF with a right-angled triangle as the cross-section. The angle between BD and the plane CDEF is A.BDE.
2006-CE-MATH 2 Q45
11. If the length of a side of a regular tetrahedron is 3 cm, then the height of the tetrahedron is A.3 cm
2005-CE-MATH 2 Q15
12. In the figure, the bearing of P from Q is
A.N 27 W.
B.S 27 E.
C.N 63 W.
D.S 63 E.
2005-CE-MATH 2 Q47
13. In the figure, B, C and D are three points on a horizontal plane such that CBD = 90. If AB is a vertical pole, then BCD = A.15
2005-CE-MATH 2 Q48
14. In the figure, VABCD is a right pyramid with a square base. If the angle between VA and the base is 45, then AVB = A.45
2004-CE-MATH 2 Q49
15. In the figure, ABCDEFGH is a rectangular block. EG and FH meet at X. M is the mid-point of EH. Which of the following makes the greatest angle with the plane ABCD? A.AG
2002-CE-MATH 2 Q24
16. In the figure, AB and CD are the heights of two buildings on the same level ground. If AB = 9 m, AC = 20 m and the angle of depression of A from D is 50, find the angle of elevation of D from B correct to the nearest 0.1. A.21.3
2002-CE-MATH 2 Q49
17. In the figure, ABCDEFGH is a rectangular block with a square base ABCD. Find FBH correct to the nearest degree. A.21
2000-CE-MATH 2 Q30
18. According to the figure, the bearing of B from C is
2001-CE-MATH 2 Q51
19. In the figure, PC is a vertical pole standing on the horizontal ground ABC. D is a point on line AB. If BCA = CDB = 90, AC = 3 m, BC = 4 m and...