McDonald’s is one of the world's most well-known and valuable brands and holds a leading share in the globally branded quick service restaurant segment of the informal eating-out market in virtually every country and the leading global foodservice retailer with more than 30,000 local restaurants serving nearly 50 million people in more than 119 countries each day.
McDonald’s vision is to be the world’s best quick service restaurant experience.
McDonald’s culture is the love towards McDonald’s brand and the respecting the company values imbibed in its rich history.
History of McDonald’s:-
* Started in 1940, when two brothers, Dick and Mac McDonald opened the first McDonald’s restaurant in California. * In 1954, an entrepreneur and milkshake-mixer salesman, Ray Kroc, acquired the franchise of McDonald’s * In 1961, Kroc convinced the McDonald brothers to sell the business rights to him for a sum $2.7milion. * In 1963, the mascot Ronald McDonald was born as a part of a marketing strategy in US. Happy Meal was introduced in US in 1979. * The year 1984 was marked by the death of Ray Kroc.
* In 1994, McDonald’s bagged the Catalyst Award for its program for ‘fostering leadership development in women’. * In 1996, the first INDIAN Restaurant was opened.
* In 2003, the company launched the ‘I’m lovin’ it’ campaign.
* Total employees = 1.5 million (398,000 company staff, 1.1 million franchisee staff) * Total 2500 employees across India.
* 57% of staff are male
* 43% of staff are female
* Two-thirds of hourly paid staff are aged between 16 and 20 years of age * 90% of staff work for 35 hours per week or less
Restaurant Operations Leadership Practice:-
In McDonald’s Restaurant Operations Leadership Practices training, participants learn to: a. Use appropriate leadership approaches to develop high-performing teams and individuals b. Recognize the importance of team building and use appropriate tools and techniques to help teams reach their full potential c. Develop skills in leading teams
d. Prioritize restaurant needs to improve people, QSC&V, profit and sales e. Diagnose and correct factors leading to poor quality food f. Develop a Restaurant Improvement Plan
g. Use tools and techniques to develop teams
h. Identify strategies to build employee commitment
i. Prepare and conduct performance reviews
The various training forums applied under MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME:-
1. Basic Shift Management
a. The BSM takes place at the management trainee level.
b. Addresses the why’s and how to’s of McDonald’s procedures and standards rather than ‘what-to-dos’ and ‘what-to-knows’.
2. Advanced Shift Management
a. ASM is intended for second asst. manager.
b. Deploys the manager’s ability to observe and gather facts, analyse information and then act/communicate accordingly.
3. Systems Management Course
a. SMC is an opportunity for first asst. managers.
b. To gain knowledge of recognizing various real world problem within the restaurant.
4. Restaurant Leadership Programme
a. RLP is designed for a promotable first asst. manager.
b. Focuses on the skills and behaviors necessary to drive business results within restaurant’s environment. c. Includes focus on leadership skills, team-building, decision-making strategies and problem solving
5. Operations Consultancy Course
a. Designed to help the McDonald’s consultants develop a strong business relationship with managers. b. Use of effective communication, leadership, operations and consulting skills. c. Participants learn how to implement problem-solving techniques with their restaurant managers, link restaurant support tools to restaurant system and measure store and patch performance. 6. Training Consultant Course...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document