To establish and maintain a safe, healthy learning environment
Functional Area #1 - Safe: In order to provide a safe environment and teach children safe practices to prevent and reduce injuries I do the following:
• I check all toys and equipment the children will be using for broken or missing parts often to ensure they remain safe for use and play.
• I ensure that all chemicals and cleaning supplies are put away out of the reach of children or stored in locked cabinets to prevent injury or poisoning.
• I am trained in emergency evacuation procedures and plans to remove all children from the classroom and/or building in the event of a tornado or fire.
• I am certified in First Aid, CPR, and Pediatric First Aid which makes me knowledgeable of caring for accidents or injuries.
Functional Area #2 - Healthy: In order to provide an environment that promotes health and prevents illness, and teaches children about good nutrition and practices that promote wellness, I do the following:
• I sanitize all toys daily and immediately after being put into a child’s mouth, to prevent the spread of germs.
• I wash my hands and wear gloves before and handling food, I wash my hands after handling food, helping with toileting, cleaning noses to prevent germs from being spread
• I follow the center’s policies for sick children to prevent other illnesses in the classroom.
Functional Area #3 – Learning Environment: In order to use relationships, the physical space, materials, daily schedule, and routines to create a secure, interesting, and enjoyable environment that promotes engagement, play exploration, and learning of all children including children with disabilities and special needs, I do the following: [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 06). Cda Competency Goal #1. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 06, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cda-Competency-Goal-1-1022803.html
"Cda Competency Goal #1" StudyMode.com. 06 2012. 2012. 06 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cda-Competency-Goal-1-1022803.html>.
- MLA 7
"Cda Competency Goal #1." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 06 2012. Web. 06 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cda-Competency-Goal-1-1022803.html>.
"Cda Competency Goal #1." StudyMode.com. 06, 2012. Accessed 06, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Cda-Competency-Goal-1-1022803.html.