1. Which of the following protocols are examples of TCP/IP transport layer protocols?
2. Which of the following protocols are examples of TCP/IP network access layer protocols?
3. The process of HTTP asking TCP to send some data and make sure that it is received correctly is an example of what?
Adjacent-layer interaction(Your Answer)
4. The process of TCP on one computer marking a segment as segment 1, and the receiving computer then acknowledging the receipt of segment 1, is an example of what?
Same-layer interaction(Your Answer)
5. The process of a web server adding a TCP header to a web page, followed by adding an IP header, and then a data link header and trailer is an example of what?
Data encapsulation(Your Answer)
6. Which of the following terms is used specifically to identify the entity that is created when encapsulating data inside data link layer headers and trailers?
7. Which OSI layer defines the functions of logical network-wide addressing and routing?
Layer 4(Your Answer)
8. Which OSI layer defines the standards for cabling and connectors?
A. Layer 1
9. Which OSI layer defines the standards for data formats and encryption?
Layer 6(Your Answer)
10. Which of the following terms are not valid terms for the names of the seven OSI layers?
1. Which of the following is true about the cabling of a typical modern Ethernet LAN?
Connect each device to a centralized LAN switch using UTP cabling(Your Answer)
2 Which of the following is true about the cabling of a 10BASE2 Ethernet LAN?
A. Connect each device in series using coaxial cabling(Your Answer)
3. Which of the following is true about Ethernet crossover cables?
B. Pins 1 and 2 on one end of the cable connect to pins 3 and 6 on the other end of the cable.(Your Answer)
4. Each answer lists two types of devices used in a 100BASE-TX network. If these devices were connected with UTP Ethernet cables, which pairs of devices would require a straight-through cable?
PC and switch(Your Answer)
Router and hub(Missed)
Wireless access point (Ethernet port) and switch(Missed)
5. Which of the following is true about the CSMA/CD algorithm?
Collisions can happen, but the algorithm defines how the computers should notice a collision and how to recover.(Your Answer)
6. Which of the following is a collision domain?
All devices connected to an Ethernet hub(Your Answer)
7. Which of the following describe a shortcoming of using hubs that is improved by instead using switches?
Hubs create a single electrical bus to which all devices connect, causing the devices to share the bandwidth.(Missed)
Hubs allow collisions to occur when two attached devices send data at the same time.(Missed)
8. Which of the following terms describe Ethernet addresses that can be used to communicate with more than one device at a time?
9. Which of the following is one of the functions of OSI Layer 2 protocols?
A. Framing(Your Answer)
10. Which of the following are true about the format of Ethernet addresses?
B. Each manufacturer puts a unique code into the first 3 bytes of the address.(Missed)
C. Each manufacturer puts a unique code into the first half of the address.(Missed)
E. The part of the address that holds this manufacturer's code is called the OUI.(Missed)
11. Which of the following is true about the Ethernet FCS field?
It resides in the Ethernet trailer, not the Ethernet header.(Your Answer)
1. Which of the following best describes the main function of OSI Layer 1 protocols?
Delivery of bits from one device...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document