Department shut down and refurbishing checklist:
1. Which departments will be selected to be shut down?
2. What is the criterion for shutting down a department?
3. Will there be a definite timeline of refurbishing given?
4. What potential delays may there be during the 3 months of refurbishing?
5. How many employees will be laid off?
6. Will there be any guarantees that the employees will get their position back or what the application process will be?
7. Will some employees be able to work in another department if the workload has increased?
8. If another department needs more employees, how will the laid off employees from the closed departments be selected?
9. Once the catering department is complete, how many positions will it need filled?
10. Will Kudler know how many positions will be cut as a result of this refurbishing? If so, how will they handle this cut? Who is susceptible to being permanently terminated?
11. By what means will the catering department positions be filled? Will there be a ranking system or any seniority?
12. Is it Kudler's responsibility to provide job training or assist the employees in each department to find employment elsewhere if they do not have a guaranteed position at Kudler?
13. When and where will the affected employees be informed?
14. Will the laid off employees be compensated during their time off?
15. What public image will be portrayed as a result of Kudler refurbishing?
16. When, who and how will the media be informed?
17. What potential legal ramifications will... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2007, 12). Catering Service at Kudler Fine Foods. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2007, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Catering-Service-Kudler-Fine-Foods-128930.html
"Catering Service at Kudler Fine Foods" StudyMode.com. 12 2007. 12 2007 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Catering-Service-Kudler-Fine-Foods-128930.html>.
"Catering Service at Kudler Fine Foods." StudyMode.com. 12, 2007. Accessed 12, 2007. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Catering-Service-Kudler-Fine-Foods-128930.html.