Case Write-Up Levi Gwg 20110926

Topics: Marketing, Department store, Levi Strauss & Co. Pages: 2 (548 words) Published: October 10, 2011

I.Executive Summary
The goal of GWG would be double the selling volume in 2003. To reach this goal the current places are too limited to expend the sales. By resolve this impediment, to withdraw the license and expend the distribution channel would the main solution to take. II. Goal and goal defense

The goal is to double the GWG selling volume to 440,000 units in 2003. The selling volume of 220,000 which in 2001 would be kept with existing channel of smaller regional mass merchants, Saan, Fields, etc. An additional 80% of 220,000 would sell in the large mass merchant, like Wal-mart and Zeller and the rest of 20% of 220, 000 by department store, like the Bay and Sears. This Sales volume target would reach by only 2003 because the license will withdraw in 2002, and another a series of marketing activities would carry out in 2002, so it could be expected the sales increasing by the certain year of 2003. III.Impediment and Impediment Defense

The most important impediment to reach the sales target is limited place to purchase the GWG Jeans. As the survey, most of customers know about this brand, but they seldom find them in the place which they used to buy the apparel. Brand awareness would be another impediment to reach the target, the young generation is not much more impressed on this brand as it popular in 1960s, however, they may know about this brand from their parent or grandparent, so it’s less important than the place which dominates to creating the sales seriously. IV.Solution Defense

As the GWG was license to Jack Sparatt, he didn’t try to spread the distribution channel for GWG, instead to selling in the smaller regional mass merchants only. Therefore, taking back the license would be the first step to take. It’s affordable to withdraw the license and selling by their own after the analysis about the cost, please see exhibit 1. Base on the two assumption of no change on selling price and...
Continue Reading

Please join StudyMode to read the full document

You May Also Find These Documents Helpful

  • Essay about Levis-Gwg Case Study
  • Zara Case Write-Up Research Paper
  • Case Write-Up Essay
  • BioPure Case Write Up Essay
  • Disney Case Write Up Essay
  • Case Write Up 3 Essay
  • Kodak Case Write Up Essay
  • Essay about Case Write Up on Keurig

Become a StudyMode Member

Sign Up - It's Free