[pic][pic][pic][pic]Case Study Abstract
The focus of this case study is the supply chain of the world’s largest retailer, Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart in recent years has struggled with its supply chain. The big question is: Will Wal-Mart be able to revive the competitive advantage it had in the past with its efficient supply chain? This case discusses the supply chain management practices of Wal-Mart over the years. A brief of Wal-Mart’s past distribution, logistics and inventory management processes is covered. The use of innovative Information Technology (IT) practices to enable the supply chain is discussed and highlighted. The benefits or competitive advantage Wal-Mart derived over the years from its supply chain management practices is also covered.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction – Can Wal-Mart sustain its Supply Chain Advantage? 2. Wal-Mart in US Retail Market
3. Wal-Mart – Company Background
4. Wal-Mart – Timeline
5. Wal-Mart: Quick Facts (Revenues, Total Employees and Stores, Competitors, Major Brands/Labels, Business/Growth Strategy) 6. MANAGING THE SUPPLY CHAIN – THE WAL-MART WAY
7. Pricing and Procurement Strategy
8. Supply Chain Integration through Product/Process Knowledge Sharing 9. Supply Chain Partnerships
10. Distribution Strategy
11. Logistics Management
12. Cross Docking
13. Inventory Management
14. Store Formats
15. Wal-Mart – International operating formats
16. Related Reading
17. Questions for discussion
18. View sample pages of this case study
Case Study Keywords: Wal-Mart, Supply Chain Management, Retailing Strategy Case Study, Logistics and Distribution, IT enabled supply chain, Information Technology, Supply Chain Partnerships, supply chain integration, information sharing, inventory management, retail store formats, cross docking, pricing and procurement, Sam Walton, discount stores, walmart.com.
Case Questions for...