Case Brief- Starbucks: Delivering Customer Service
Starbucks is a successful premium coffee retailer. Its target market sets as well-educated, white- color patrons between the ages of 25 and 44. There are three components of the brand, live coffee, service, and atmosphere. However, its brand image is losing while they focus on retail expansion. SWOT analysis
Define the problem
Starbucks loses its original image for target and customer satisfaction. Identify the alternatives and analysis
1. Global Marketing Sales Organization builds up for better marketing strategy. Pros:
• Looks at big picture: It helps Starbucks has consistent brand image around the world. • Information integration: Collecting data from every piece of information to help managers make right decision for all stores and customers. Cons:
• Cannot meet regional expectation: For example, Hispanic, Cuban-American or Asian may have different wants from Starbucks. 2. Focusing on customer satisfaction enhancement: Providing light food, drive through service, or designing different atmosphere in different location to fit certain culture are ways to satisfy customers. For instance, in downtown area, people prefer ordering to-go and fast. Therefore, these retailers are better focusing on both quick service and high quality coffee. In sightseeing area, store can design selling accessories or some local features add in. Pros:
• Providing multi-service for different wants.
• Attracting new customers.
• Still keep the original images, high quality of live coffee, service, and atmosphere. • Familiar industry.
• Inconsistent atmospheres may affect the experience of customers. • Losing original target market, well-educated, white- color patrons between the ages of 25 and 44. 3. Member ship club: Member club can provide customize service base on customers’ order...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document