* They won’t be able to maximize their profits
* The extra costs involved
* Lack of skills
* lack of accountability
4. Are there lessons here for other businesses? Discuss.
There are certainly lessons here for other businesses. First of all, companies pollute the environment a lot. Some examples are:
* Air, water, and soil pollution from toxic wastes
* Global warming from greenhouse gas emissions
* Natural resource depletion
The government has to make regulation, because most of the companies don’t clean up their mess. But when companies have social responsibility the government don’t have to do that. After some experience innovations will occur to produce cheap and “clean”. There will also exist a fair competition, all the companies have the same approach and produce it in the same way.