Whole Foods Market in 2010: Vision, Core Values, and Strategy
1. What are the chief elements of the strategy that Whole Foods Sale Market is pursuing?
* As this response explores the strategies Whole Foods Sale Market is pursing it all falls back to their core values, which is, “Whole Foods, Whole People, Whole Plan.” At Whole Food Sale Market they care about having the best foods, embrace their staff, value their customers and above all the environment. To stay true to their values Whole Foods Market has come up with a variety of different strategies which are the following:
* They have expanded the company and in result have opened new stores and have hired employees who share some of the company’s core values. * Whole Foods Market also took the risk and bought one of its biggest competitors, Wild Oats Market. While this acquisition was a risk it also allowed the company to compete with other stores in new states and in bigger cities. * The company has also opened new stores and reallocated some of their stores. The cause of opening new stores and reallocating is that the company prefers to have their name in busy shopping centers/areas, attractive real estate neighborhoods, and access to parking spots. * Whole Food Sales has also done a variety of analysis, which has allowed the company to better serve their target markets, which are people with an education and have higher income.
2. Is the Whole Foods’ strategy well matched to market conditions in the food retailing industry?
* Whole Foods Market is a company that is committed to selling and serving all natural and organic foods as well as other nonfood products in their stores compared to other food retailing stores (competitors) that only offer a portion of their products to be natural or organic. In order for Whole Foods Market to obtain and fulfill their core mission and strategies they have to ensure...