- How are you?
- Jesus Loves you and your family.
- Bible Story: Abraham, Sarah, and Isaac
Many years ago there lived a man named Abraham and his wife Sarah. Abraham and Sarah had been married a long, long time, but they had never had any children. One day God promised
Abraham and Sarah a son, even though they were very old.
(Abraham was 100 and Sarah was 90!) Although it seemed
impossible, Abraham believed what God had promised. Not long afterwards, baby Isaac was born! God had blessed all of them! 3. Discussion
God knows and loves our family members.
• The story of Abraham, Sarah and Isaac is about a family. • And God cares about all the members of our family!
• God loves us and all our family!
Children are a gift from God.
• The Bible says that “Children are a gift from God!” Did you ever think of yourself as a gift? (That’s kind of funny isn’t it?) • But the Bible says that children are a gift from God.
Children are to obey their parents.
• Everyone in a family has different jobs to do.
• Did you know that as a child you have a job to do?
• The Bible says that children are to obey their parents. • What does that word, obey, mean?
4. Memory Verse
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
offspring a reward from him.
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
are children born in one’s youth.
5 Blessed is the man
whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
when they contend with their opponents in court.
* Art and Coloring
6. Closing prayer