HRM/531 Human Capital Management
Caroline Willett/course Facilitator
August 23, 2010
Table of Contents
A. Company Introduction
B. Job Description, Qualifications and Compensation C. Employee Benefits
1. Employee Assistance Program
2. Wellness Program
3. Rewards and Incentives
D. Training and Development
E. Performance Evaluation
1. Team-work and evaluation
F. Discipline Process
A. Company Introduction
For nearly six decades, the Strowder's Funeral Home & Cremation Services has been a staple in the Glenville Community. The funeral home was founded by Mr. Edward E. Strowder and Mrs. Loretta J. Strowder in 1951. The legacy continues as their children continue to exemplify excellence in the Funeral Industry; the organization conducted over 750 first calls in 2009. Strowder Funeral Home is expanding its services with opening a second location Avon, Ohio. This proposal will discuss the five new positions for the new location. This proposal will discuss the compensation and benefits, conduct, performance standards, and training plans for the organization.
Strowder Funeral Home’s goal is to select the most qualified job applicant and place them in positions that will best utilize their experience, skill and abilities. After a job offer is extended, all newly hired employees must successfully complete a ninety day introductory period.
Currently, Strowder’s has career opportunities available for motivated, detailed individuals willing to serve families and create location awareness within the community with a strong emphasis on customer service. To perform the job successfully, the employee must demonstrate professionalism, knowledge and skills necessary to provide effective care and service to our customers pre-need, at-need and post-need. The employee must have strong oral and written communication and problem-solving skills. He or She must be dependable, punctual, and strive for perfection in all their endeavors’.
B. Job Title and Descriptions
1. Mortician/Operations Manager
Active Licensee with Bachelors Degree in Mortuary Science. Must have three to five years of experience in the funeral industry. Minimum two years Management experience. According to Payscale.com, average annual earnings are between $25,697 and $62,429.
▪ Exceptional embalming and restorative art skills
▪ Responsible for all daily activities for location.
▪ Provide leadership of Funeral Home Staff to accomplish goals and objectives while achieving the company’ s financial goals, operating profit and marketing strategies ▪ Responsible for daily on-the-job training for all Funeral staff. ▪ Review and monitor all employees' performance. Maintain positive team environment. ▪ Select and purchase all necessary supplies
▪ Provide a premier level of client satisfaction that will satisfy the needs of every client family ▪ Required to obtain or maintain CEU’s and certification of The Academy of Professional Funeral Service Practice 1. Funeral Director/Grief Counselor
Salary: $24.26 hourly
▪ Experienced Grief Counselor
▪ Experienced Funeral Director
▪ Certified Funeral Service Practitioner
▪ Customer Education
▪ Assist with funeral planning
▪ Provide Administrative assistance
▪ Assist with scheduling of staff
▪ Ability to work overtime as required
▪ Ability to travel as needed
▪ Valid Driver's License
2. Office Administrator
According to U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics May 14, 2010 First-Line Supervisors/Managers of Office and Administrative Support Workers mean hourly wage is $24.04.
▪ Responsible for contract processing,
▪ Requires above avg. computer skills
▪ Handles business-related issues...