For this assignment, you will research the http://www.phoenix.edu website and use the My Career Plan tools on eCampus. To complete this assignment, follow the directions provided in each section.
You may refer to the completed example in the Week 3 Materials as a guideline. When you complete each section, submit this document to your Week 3 Assignment 1 link on your student website.
Save this document so you can reference it as you work on building your career plan in your future University of Phoenix courses.
Section 1: Career Research
1. Go to http://www.phoenix.edu and browse the available degrees, then complete the following table. 2. List the degree programs you are interested in and potential careers that might require these degrees.
|Careers and degrees I’m interested in |What I know about these careers and |What I need to know about these careers and | | |degrees |degrees | |Associate of Arts with a concentration|University of Phoenix offers an Associates|Accounting in business | |in Business Foundations |of Arts degree | | |Associate of Arts with a concentration|University of Phoenix offers an Associates|I need to learn economics, information | |in Accounting |of Arts degree |systems, managerial ethics, financial | | | |accounting, business research and effective | | | |managerial communications. | |Associate of Arts with a concentration|University of Phoenix offers an Associates|I will need to explore the fundamental | |in Foundations of Business |of Arts degree with concentrations in |business principles | | |business | |
Section 2: Career Interests Profiler
1. Complete the Career Interests Profiler, located in My Career Plan on the student website. To access the Career Interests Profiler in My Career Plan, complete the following steps:
• Log in to the student website at https://ecampus.phoenix.edu • Click the Library tab, then click the Phoenix Career Services link. • Click the Explore icon.
• Click My Career Plan.
• Click the Start button to launch the Career Interests Profiler. [pic]
2. After completing the profiler for the first time, view your results. If you completed the profiler before you started the Orientation Workshop, click the View Results button on the My Career Plan home page.
3. Complete the following table after viewing your results. You may describe each career in your own words or copy and paste from the My Career Plan results.
|My top career interests |Description |Matching careers | |1 Business and Financial |Keeps up to date with competitor information and |Insurance Underwriters, Auditors, | |Operations |market trends; identifies business opportunities |Accountants | | |for the organisation; maintains awareness of | | | |developments in the organizational structure and | | | |politics; demonstrates financial awareness; | | |...