Module 4 Assignment 2
July 27, 2011
Deforestation is not something we can just look over. There are many things in our lives that we take pride in and protecting our forest is one of them. Our trees help our animals live, our crops grow, and our families survive.
How do humans benefit from the trees?
I. Is deforestation the cause of climate change?
A. The forest can provide many different products.
1. Consumers use these products everyday
● Cost of products increasing
2. Carbon Dioxide in the atmosphere
● Most trees hold in the carbon dioxide
3. Changes in the ecosystem
● loss of trees mean higher risk of disasters. II. Rain forest are slowly vanishing
B. “Slash and Burn” process.
1. Many farmers are following this process.
● new farmers and crops
2. loss of animals and species
● lose their homes and food
3. the rate of deforestation
● within 100 years all forest will be vanished III. Ecosystem vs. Deforestation
C. The forest ecosystem benefits all humans.
1. Most places don’t have fresh water sources so the forest provides many resources. ● clean water
2. We takes trees for granted but what really is their purpose. ● Trees collect CO2 and release oxygen IV. Is pollution worse than deforestation?
D. Flying in an airplane is better than cutting down trees.
1. The amount of CO2 released into the atmosphere
● One day of deforestation equals 8 million people flying
2. The amount of CO2 a tree holds.
● released into the atmosphere
V. Is livestock and crops really that important?
E. How can the livestock and crops live without tress?
1. Farmers should find clear...