MGMT 490 SEC 2
Cannondale Corporation was established in 1971. The company initially produced a bicycle trailer. Today, Cannondale’s most popular product is the mountain bike. Cannondale has expanded its product line to include over 71 models of bicycles and has become one of the leading bicycle manufactures in the world. Although the company’s main activity is manufacturing and distributing bicycles, today Cannondale also produces a variety of bicycle accessories and equipment. Recently, Cannondale journeyed into a new market and added dirt bikes and allterrain vehicles (ATV) to its product line. Cannondale has pursued the highend area of the bicycle market. The company’s mission and vision statement will be evaluated along with the company’s competitive and functional strategies.
MISSION AND VISION
Cannondale’s mission is to be the best cycling and offroad motor sports company in the world. The focus is on people – employees, customers, retailers, and vendors – working to accomplish the mission. The philosophy of Cannondale states: 1. We care about each other, our customers, our retailers and our vendors. 2. We produce a stream of quality innovative products. 3. We devise a flexiblemanufacturing process that lets us to deliver those innovative, quality products to the market quickly and then back them with excellent customer service.
4. We limit our distribution to the best specialty retailers in the world. 5. We stay lean, remain competitive and entrepreneurial. 6. We put 90% of our profits back into the company to underwrite future growth; the balance we share with all of our employees.
7. We promote from within whenever possible.
8. We concentrate on detail, because the last 5% is often the difference between success and failure.
9. We continuously improve everything.
10. We govern our every deed by what is ‘just and right’....
Please join StudyMode to read the full document