HOW SHOULD BONAGERI CROPSCIENCE PVT. LTD. MODIFY ITS PROMOTION MIX FOR ITS PROPOSED LAUNCH IN RAJASTHAN?
CANDIDATE NAME: SIDDHI MODI
CANDIDATE SESSION NUMBER: 002760-017
* Rationale for study
* Theoretical framework
* Primary and secondary research
* Action Plan
* SWOT analysis
* Lewin’s force field analysis
* BCG matrix analysis
* Interview with the managing director
* Survey on the customers
* BCG matrix
With the recent profit that the firm has made, the firm wishes to be a global market leader and to do that it needs to expand in many places. The firm has decided to do that staring with Rajasthan. The firm feels that if they are able to expand in Rajasthan, since it has a different weather condition all together and if the firm can be successful in Rajasthan than it will be very easy to expand elsewhere. The firm is moving into an existing market with many competitors, and relatively low prices proposed by the competitors, which could result in a price war since the existing firm is already well established and is difficult for the existing firms to survive. The firm has already calculated its financial data and is capable to expand her financially, although it is difficult for them to anticipate the market in Rajasthan since the firm has no local contact. Therefore, on the firms’ behalf I will be calculating its promotional mix to see if or not is it a good option for Bonageri Crop Science Pvt. Ltd to expand here.
Rationale for study-
The firm, Bonageri Crop Science Pvt. Ltd, has its main headquarters in Hubli, Karnataka. The firm is doing very well so far making its monthly profit of 1 core and above, and is looking forward to expanding in many cities for more profits in India, including Rajasthan as its option. It needs to have a business plan and abasic research to analyze the viability of operating in Rajasthan. For this I will be considering problems faced by start up business in Rajasthan, its main competitors as well as the market study to see where each of its products stand the place it is operating presently.
* SWOT analysis – to see if there are any chances for Bonageri Corp Science to survive in Rajasthan. * Ansoff matrix – to see where the organization stands. * Market development -
* BCG matrix – to see where each of the firm’s products stands and assume if that would be the same case in Rajasthan. * External environment – since Rajasthan is very dry and droughty, it could be possible that the medicines made by the firm won’t be helpful * Promotion Mix – so that they know what to do in order to peruse the farmers in buying the product.
* Primary research:
* Interview with the managing director – to see why he’s considering Rajasthan as one of its options. * Survey on the customers – customers in Rajasthan to see if they know anything about Bonageri Crop Science. To see what farmers are really looking for in order to make their crops better and faster without any harmful side effects.
* Secondary Research
* Collect the data from the internet.
* IB business and management
* IB business and management course companion
Anticipated difficulties | Problems solved|
Not being able to fix the interview when I decided.| I had to reschedule the appointment.| Firm is in Hubli and I am in Rajasthan. So a lot of time wasted in travelling.| Conducted the survey on the phone.| Labors not wanting to answer to the survey conducted. They fear of their job loss.| Did not let the manager know about the questions asked and answers given.| Language – the language spoke...