2. At a social function, you meet the CEO of an important Japanese corporation. After a brief chat, you give him your business card. Is this correct? Yes/no
3. You're entering a cab with an important client. You position yourself so the client is seated curbside. Is this correct? Yes/no
4. You're hosting a dinner at a restaurant. You've pre-ordered for everyone and indicated where they should sit. Are you correct? Yes/no
5. A toast has been proposed in your honor. You say "thank you" and take a sip of your drink. Are you correct? yes/no
6. You're in a restaurant and a thin soup is served in a cup with no handles. To eat it you should: 1. pick it up and drink it
2. use the spoon provided
3. eat half of it with a spoon and drink the remainder
7. You're at a dinner and champagne is served with the dessert. You simply can't drink champagne yet know the host will be offering a toast. Do you: 1. tell the waiter "no champagne"
2. turn over your glass
3. ask the waiter to pour water into your champagne glass instead 4. say nothing and allow the champagne to be poured
8. You're at a table in a restaurant for a business dinner. Midway through the meal, you're called to the telephone. What do you do with your napkin? 1. Take it with you
2. Fold and place it to the left of your plate
3. Loosely fold it and place it on the right side
4. Leave it on your chair
9. You're hosting a dinner party at a restaurant. Included are two other couples, and your most valuable client and his wife. You instruct the waiter to: 1. serve your spouse first
2. serve your client's spouse first
3. serve you and your spouse last
10. You're invited to a reception and the invitation states "7:00 to 9:00 PM." You should arrive: 1. at 7:00 PM
2. anytime between 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM
3. between 7:00 PM and 7:30 PM
4. go early and leave early
11. You're greeting or saying good-bye to someone. When's the proper time to shake their hand? 1. When you're introduced
2. At their home
3. At their office
4. On the street
5. When you say good-bye
12. You're talking with a group of four people. Do you make eye contact with: 1. just the person to whom you're speaking at the moment? 2. each of the four, moving your eye contact from one to another? 3. no one particular person (not looking directly into anyone's eyes)?
13. The waiter's coming toward you to serve wine. You don't want any. You turn your glass upside down. Are you correct? Yes/no
14. When you greet a visitor in your office, do you:
1. say nothing and let her sit where she wishes?
2. tell her where to sit?
3. say "Just sit anywhere"
15. You're invited to dinner in a private home. When do you take your napkin from the table and place it on your lap? 1. Open it immediately
2. Wait for the host to take his napkin before taking yours? 3. Wait for the oldest person at the table to take his? 4. Wait for the acknowledged head of the table to take hers before taking yours?
16. You're scheduled to meet a business associate for working lunch and you arrive a few minutes early to find a suitable table. 30 minutes later your associate still hasn't arrived. Do you: 1. order your lunch and eat?
2. continue waiting and fuming that your associate isn't there? 3. tell the head waiter you're not staying and give him our card with instructions to present it to your...