“The Impact of a financial crisis in America on the rest of the world would have been much more muted if global economic interdependencies had not increased so substantially over the past decade. Globalisation is therefore to blame for the global financial crisis and the resulting slowdown in the world economy”
Student no: 341188
Table of Content
• Brief Introduction to globalisation
• Factors that have caused globalisation to accelerate over the past decade
• What caused the current financial crisis?
• If economies of the world were not strongly linked
• Economic links between countries and the transmission of crisis from one part of the world to other countries
• Implications of the global crisis on South Africa and Business
• Annexure A – South African Current Account
• Annexure B – South African Inflation rate
• Annexure C – South African consumer confidence
• Annexure D – South African unemployment rate
“Globalisation is to blame for the current global financial crisis resulting in the slowdown of the world economy”. The objective of this assignment is to evaluate this statement and look at the various factors that had direct impact on accelerating globalisation. Consideration is also given to the potential economic performance of developed and developing countries if no strong links were present. Economic links between the U.S. and China have been examined and consideration given to how a crisis in one part of the world can be transmitted to other parts.
The implications of this global crisis on S.A. have also been explored and examples of the South African Steel industry have been used to look at possibly limiting the impact of the crisis on this industry.
Brief Introduction to Globalisation
In order to understand the... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2009, 08). Business Environment. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2009, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Environment-224373.html
"Business Environment" StudyMode.com. 08 2009. 08 2009 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Environment-224373.html>.
"Business Environment." StudyMode.com. 08, 2009. Accessed 08, 2009. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Environment-224373.html.