Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
1. Names of the Parties
2. Job Title and Description
3. Place of Work and Hours of Work
4. Duties and Responsibilities
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Points of legislation which can affect employers are:
1. Data protection
2. Pay and pensions
3. Health and safety
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Points of legislation which can affect employees are:
1. Rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
1. Internal sources of information:
- Line managers
- Informed colleagues
- Trade union representatives
- Books and documents held within the organization
2. External sources of information:
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Chambers of Commerce
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
The best known examples of representative bodies are:
1. Trade Unions (large organisation that represent the interests of their membership) 2. Non trade union representation (staff associations and trade associations)
Trade Unions can offer assistance through work based representatives and can help employees in:
- Health and safety...