You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 8 pages and is made up of 7 Sections.
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
When you working more than 2 month you have right to receive details of your terms and conditions of employment in writing. It must include :
- Employer’s name
- Employee’s name
- Main place of work
- Duties and responsibilities
- Hours of work
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
In the UK, the law applies to businesses and organisations of all sizes and in all sectors. Legislation which can affect employers are - Health and safety
- Data protection
- Pay and pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment. - Pension
- Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
We can find useful information about employment rights and responsibilities in many different places. You can find information in your company (Line managers, Personnel specialists, Informed colleagues, Staff association representatives, Trade union representatives) or outside company Libraries, Citizens Advice Bureau, Legal professionals, ACAS.
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
One of the ways that employees can receive help and support in the workplace is through representative bodies like trade union or non trade union. Trade union are e large organisations that represent the
interests of their membership, Their members may share an occupation or a common industry, They can offer assistance through work based representatives. They help in areas as
- Health and safety
- Information and consultation representation
- Workforce Agreement
- Collective redundancy
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
There is a lot of legislation aimed at preventing discrimination in the workplace and encouraging equal opportunities, everyone should have opportunity to start employment or shouldn’t be stop develop skills and progress at workplace. Employer responsibilities for equality and diversity: - Train staff on equality and diversity topics
- Develop policies and procedures to address equality and diversity issues
I work voluntary in Citizens Advice Bureau , we provide to people leaflet about equality and diversity, Citizens Advice equality, diversity and discrimination policy publications (Access for all, Potential intersectional discrimination cases, Racist Incidents Monitoring) CAB also have FAIR equality and...