Unit three: Principles of managing information and producing documents
You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk • Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly • When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference • Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
• Name: Patricia Hayton
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks? The benefits are:- share information quickly and efficiently
Communicate world wide
Section 2 – Understand how to manage electronic and paper-based information
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing objectives and deadlines when researching information.
If possible, refer to specific examples from research tasks you have worked on to support your answer.
It is important to agree objectives and deadlines when researching information so that everybody knows when a task has to be completed by and what it has got to say. It my hold information that helps make business decisions. It help focus on task and stops waste resources. The business may be un efficient if not agreed.
If you do not agree deadlines and objectives in tasks you may waste time looking up unneeded information.
2. Identify the different ways of researching, organising and reporting information.
3a) For your own organisation (or one you know well), describe the procedures that need to be followed when archiving, retrieving and deleting information. Your answer should cover procedures for both electronic and paper-based information.
3b) When following the procedures outlined in Question 3a above, are there any legal requirements to consider?
Yes you must consider :- data protection act 1998
Industry specific legal requirements
4. Why is confidentiality critical when managing information?
Confidentiality is critical when managing information as it is a legal requirement and may show the business as inefficient and slack if not managed and could lead to the business breaking the law.
Section 3 – Understand the purpose of producing documents that are fit for purpose
1. Identify at least two reasons for producing documents that are fit for purpose.
2. Use the table below to describe some of the different types and styles of documents that are produced in a business environment, and then explain when these different options may be used.
|Documents |When they are used | | |Inform clients of purchases | |reports |Share budgets with investors and share holders | |...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document