Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Duties & Responsibilities
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health & Safety
Pay & Pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Employment Rights & Responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Citizen Advice Bureau
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
One example of a representative body is a Trade Union. These can be large organisations that represent the interests of their members.
They can offer assistance through work based representatives and can help employees in Health & Safety, Pensions, Redundancy and Collective Bargaining.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer responsibilities for Equality & Diversity
Employee responsibilities for Equality & Diversity
6. Briefly explain the benefits of...