Unit one: Principles of personal responsibilities and working in a business environment
Section 1 – Know the employment rights and responsibilities of the employee and employer
1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Duties & Responsibilities
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Health & Safety
Pay & Pensions
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Employment Rights & Responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Citizen Advice Bureau
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
One example of a representative body is a Trade Union. These can be large organisations that represent the interests of their members.
They can offer assistance through work based representatives and can help employees in Health & Safety, Pensions, Redundancy and Collective Bargaining.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Employer responsibilities for Equality & Diversity
Employee responsibilities for Equality & Diversity
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee and one benefit for the overall organisation.
Section 2 – Understand the purpose of health, safety and security procedures in a business environment
1. Identify employer and employee responsibilities for health, safety and security.
If possible, provide relevant health, safety and security policies / documents from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
2. Explain the purpose of following health, safety and security procedures in a business environment.
3. Describe three different ways of maintaining a safe and secure business environment.
Section 3 – Understand how to communicate effectively with others
1. Complete the table below with descriptions of different methods of communication. You should include two verbal, two non-verbal and two written methods of communication.
Methods of communication
2. Using two specific examples, explain how to choose the most appropriate method of communication to meet your needs and the needs of others.
3. Describe at least two ways of actively listening.
Section 4 – Understand how to work with and support colleagues
1. Explain the purpose of agreeing standards for your own work. Give at least two reasons.
2. Explain the purpose of taking on new challenges and being able to adapt to change at work.
3. Explain the purpose of treating others with honesty and consideration.
Section 5 – Know how to plan own work and be accountable to others
1. Explain the purpose of meeting work standards and deadlines when completing tasks in a business environment.
2. Describe two different methods...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document