You should use this file to complete your Assessment.
• The first thing you need to do is save a copy of this document, either onto your computer or a disk
• Then work through your Assessment, remembering to save your work regularly
• When you’ve finished, print out a copy to keep for reference
• Then, go to www.vision2learn.com and send your completed Assessment to your tutor via your My Study area – make sure it is clearly marked with your name, the course title and the Unit and Assessment number.
Please note that this Assessment document has 5 pages and is made up of 4 Sections.
Name: Susan Mottershead
Section 1 – Understand the purpose of information technology in a business environment
1. In relation to your current business environment (or one that you are familiar with), identify at least two different types of information technology that may be used when completing work tasks.
I use Microsoft word for doing documents for work, it is easy to use & I can do lots of tasks i.e. mail merge, signs, support plans to name a few another IT I use daily is e-mails we use OWA at work it is good as anyone on the system you only need type their name & if you want it to go to all recipients you just put bury mbc, six town housing then it’s done once you press send. You also receive a copy in your sent box & can get a sent receipt so you know they’ve received it & a read receipt.
We also use Intranet which has all our legislations, laws, rules, staff board, in fact any information we need to do with work is there, this is are internet site which tends to be used by local government it is a secure site & IT kept a close eye on contents being put into it as any contents on it that is deemed inappropriate the user can be traced & severely dealt.
2. What are the benefits to businesses (and others) of using information technology for doing work tasks?
Cite This Essay
(2012, 09). Business & Administration. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Administration-1086281.html
"Business & Administration" StudyMode.com. 09 2012. 2012. 09 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Administration-1086281.html>.
- MLA 7
"Business & Administration." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 09 2012. Web. 09 2012. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Administration-1086281.html>.
"Business & Administration." StudyMode.com. 09, 2012. Accessed 09, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Business-Administration-1086281.html.