1. Identify four main points that would be included in a contract of employment. If possible, use an example contract to support your answer (feel free to obscure any confidential information).
Hours of work
Date of commencement of employment
2a) List three key points of legislation that affect employers in a business environment.
Pay & Pension
Health and Safety
2b) List three key points of legislation that affect employees in a business environment.
Employment rights and responsibilities
3. Identify a range of places where a person can find information on employment rights and responsibilities. You should identify at least two internal and two external sources of information.
Internal Sources – Line Managers, Trade Union representatives. b)
External Sources – Citizen Advice Bureau, ACAS
4. Describe how representative bodies can support employees.
The representative bodies can support employees by offering help in health and safety, pension and redundancy.
5. Briefly describe employer and employee responsibilities for equality and diversity in a business environment. You should give at least two employer responsibilities and two employee responsibilities.
If possible, provide relevant equality and diversity procedures from your workplace (or place of study) to support your answer. These documents should be annotated to highlight the relevant sections.
Train all staff on equality and diversity
Develop policies and procedures to address any diversity and equality problems.
a) Treat everyone the same and fairly
b) Avoid discrimination
6. Briefly explain the benefits of making sure equality and diversity procedures are followed in a business environment. Your answer should include one benefit for the employer, one benefit for the employee...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document