BBus20 - Exam III Review - Ch 10-13
Name: ___________________________________________________________________________ 1. While trying to determine the effects of lighting and noise on workers' productivity, which of the following found that social and psychological factors could significantly affect productivity? A. Frederick Taylor
B. Elton Mayo
C. Abraham Maslow
D. Victor Vroom
E. B.F. Skinner
2. Theories X and Y are most closely associated with
A. Abraham Maslow.
B. Frederick Herzberg.
C. Douglas McGregor.
D. Elton Mayo.
E. William Ouchi.
3. Sue wants to be warm, but she is not; she has a
4. An inner drive that directs behavior toward objectives is called A. a goal.
B. a need.
E. an incentive.
5. According to Maslow's hierarchy of needs, a person who buys a smoke alarm is motivated to do so in an attempt to fulfill the following need: A. physiological.
6. All of the following would be examples of objective assessments of an employee's performance appraisal except A. a factory worker's level of output.
B. number of units sold for a salesperson.
C. a ranking system for an office worker.
D. batting average for a baseball player.
E. shooting percentage for a basketball player.
7. The major reason for forming a labor union is that
A. a group has more clout with management than an individual. B. management always listens to groups.
C. unions are good social groups.
D. unions are socialistic.
E. unions force employers to hire too many people.
8. To achieve its objectives, management may use
E. all of the above.
9. June works at McDonald's twenty hours per week as a grill operator. She will probably be paid with which of the following compensation methods? A. Commission.
B. Time wages.
C. Piece wages.
D. A bonus.
E. A salary.
10. When Sandy Smith moved to a new job that involved more responsibility and an increase in compensation, she received a A. transfer.
C. lateral move.
D. horizontal move.
11. When William Wilson became a father he began to look for household items that were safe for use around young children. His new perspective is related to his A. over-protectiveness.
C. social class.
D. reference groups.
E. time utility.
12. After analyzing its own resources and unique abilities, a company is now trying to determine what group of customers it can satisfy with a good or service. It is in the process of choosing a A. production strategy.
B. target market.
C. sales plan.
D. geographical region.
E. product line.
13. When an organization hauls canned goods from the manufacturer to grocery stores, it is involved with which marketing function? A. Buying
14. If a company markets to a segment of people who have a certain lifestyle, the type of segmentation being used is A. behavioristic.
15. XYZ Inc. is surveying customers as to what kinds of services they would like the company to add. It is involved in the marketing function of A. buying.
D. marketing research.
E. risk taking.
16. Which of the marketing mix elements is the least flexible? A. Manufacturing
17. Many people incorrectly equate promotion with
D. product designing.
18. Which of the following involves the physical handling and movement of products in warehouse operations and in transportation? A. inventory planning and control
D. materials handling
E. physical distribution
19. The financial value...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document