DBMS Project–Bus ticket reservation
Traveling is a large growing business in Pakistan and other countries. Bus reservation system deals with maintenance of records of details of each passenger who had reserved a seat for a journey. It also includes maintenance of information like schedule and details of each bus. We observed the working of the Bus reservation system and after going through it, we get to know that there are many operations, which they have to do manually. It takes a lot of time and causes many errors. Due to this, sometimes a lot of problems occur and they were facing many disputes with customers. To solve the above problem, and further maintaining records of items, seat availability for customers, price of per seat, bill generation and other things, we are offering this proposal of reservation system. By using this software, we can reserve tickets from any part of the world, via internet. This project provides and checks all sorts of constraints so that user does give only useful data and thus validation is done in an effective way. ———————————————————————————————————— 2. INTRODUCTION
Our project is to computerize traveling company to manage data, so that all the transactions become fast and there should not be any error in transaction like calculation mistake, bill generation and other things. It replaces all the paper work. It keeps records of all bills also, giving to ensure 100% successful implementation of the computerized Bus reservation system. Our reservation system has three modules. First module helps the customer to enquire the availability of seats in a particular bus at particular date. Second module helps him to reserve a ticket. Using third module he can cancel a reserved ticket. ———————————————————————————————————— 3. SYSTEM STUDY
System study aims at establishing requests for the system to be acquired, development and installed. It involves studying and analyzing the ways of an organization currently processing the data to produce information. Analyzing the problem thoroughly forms the vital part of the system study. In system analysis, prevailing situation of problem is carefully examined by breaking them into sub problems. Problematic areas are identified and information is collected. Data gathering is essential to any analysis of requests. It is necessary that this analysis familiarizes the designer with objectives, activities and the function of the organization in which the system is to be implemented. 3.1. Study of existing system
* Existing system is totally on book and thus a great amount of manual work has to be done. The amount of manual work increases exponentially with increase in bus services. * Needs a lot of working staff and extra attention on all the records. * In existing system, there are various problems like keeping records of items, seats available, prices of per/seat and fixing bill generation on each bill. * Finding out details regarding any information is very difficult, as the user has to go through all the books manually. * Major problem was the lack of security.
3.2. Proposed system
The system is very simple in design and to implement. The system requires very low system resources and the system will work in almost all configurations. It has got following features * Ensure data accuracy.
* Records are efficiently maintained by DBMS.
* DBMS also provides security for the information.
* Any person across the world, having internet can access this service. * Availability of seats can be enquired very easily.
* Passengers can also cancel their tickets easily.
* Minimum time needed for the various processing.
* Better Service.
* Minimum time required.
* This would help the corporation prepare and organize its schedules more efficiently on the basis of traffic demand. ———————————————————————————————————— 4. SYSTEM SPECIFICATION
4.1. Hardware Requirements:
* PC with intel core processor(or...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document