Brushing your teeth is very important to do. You must brush your teeth every day so you won't get cavities or gum diseases.
Things you will need
• Water (cup if necessary)
1. Get all of your supplies ready. Things like toothbrush, tooth paste, floss (optional) and a mouthwash solution (optional) must be available in your home. Take these into the bathroom!
2. Wet your toothbrush slightly. By doing this, your gums will not be torn by the sharp bristles of the toothbrush.
3. Squeeze a pea-size amount of toothpaste onto a soft-bristled toothbrush. Your toothpaste should contain fluoride and be recognized by your local dental association.
4. Start brushing! Use short stokes, more like a vibration, with your toothbrush angled at 45 degrees towards the gums to clean the necks, then use a sweeping movement, away from the gums, to clean the outside and inside surfaces of the teeth, as well as the chewing or "horizontal" surfaces for eight times, on each side. As a word of precaution, do this gently, the gums are very delicate and you can harm them if you stroke too hard or use broad movements (that's usually the reason of bleeding during brushing)Brush in a circular motion.
5. Brush along the gum line. This is extremely important, as gum disease starts here. Brush gently to avoid damaging your gums. Make sure to return to the molars or the teeth at the back, where bacteria like to hide.
6. Brush your tongue to remove bacteria that cause bad breath. Do this gently also, because your tongue has very delicate taste buds which may easily be torn off.
7. Floss after brushing. Scientific studies show that you must brush your teeth before you floss to reduce the amount of bacteria that gets pushed into the gums while flossing. Dont do it the other way around.
8. Spit into the sink. Wash your mouth out with water to remove all remaining toothpaste.
Cite This Essay
(2008, 09). How to Brush Your Teeth. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Brush-Your-Teeth-163636.html
"How to Brush Your Teeth" StudyMode.com. 09 2008. 09 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Brush-Your-Teeth-163636.html>.
"How to Brush Your Teeth." StudyMode.com. 09, 2008. Accessed 09, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Brush-Your-Teeth-163636.html.