Examine BA’s Strategic decisions over the past 5 years and state what you consider to be the most crucial for the next 5 years. Give your reasons.
The strategic decisions that they have taken for the last past 5 years can be given as follows.
• A strong marketing campaign focusing on customer care.
• Expanding their destinations & global connections.
• Differentiated service levels that are offered to the customers.
• Requirements & preferences for business customers.
• Providing a travel agency service facility.
• Safety & security of life, by giving an assurance of 1st class maintenance.
• Use of information technology for customer beneficiary.
• Purchasing & leasing the optimum type of air craft for the particular route or market conditions.
• Focusing on cost effective purchasing.
• Introducing the cargo service.
• Training the employees for an efficient & effective customer care.
• Reducing cost while improving service quality.
The most crucial strategies that are taken from the above list that would be helpful for the next 5 years to British air ways.
• Assurance of life & safety
▪ When it comes to the air craft industry, the main or the key aspect that the customer is looking at is the safety & security of their lives. No man would like to go in a flight paying a considerable amount of money & risking his life.
▪ By marketing an excellent reputation of airway engineering & aircraft maintenance, they promote themselves giving a good reliance to their customers.This reputation will help them to gain more customers in the future.
• Customer oriented & focused service provider.
▪ Any business should focus on its customer as they are the people who buy the product & the whole business depends on them.
▪ There is a competitive market for the airway industry; the customer goes to the best service provider.
▪ When it comes to the services that British Airways offer, the flights to different destinations is an advantage, as it can attract many customers.
▪ The different levels of classes that they offer to the customers such as Business class, First class, Club Europe, & Club world.
▪ By giving attention to the private passengers & tourist, they add more value to their service; the marketing campaign will be easily done by word-of-mouth.
▪ Services of extra cabin services, special arrangements for the children & young families, holiday bookings & cargo services will help them gain their sustainability in the next 5 years.
• The excellent employee training programme.
▪ To provide a 100% quality service to the customer, both tangible & intangible products needed to be perfect.
▪ When it comes to the airway service more priority should be given to the intangible services as the customer care.
▪ You can make your external customers Happy & satisfied only you internal customers are happy & developed.
▪ The cabin crew, airhostesses, stewards needs to have a good knowledge on how to handle customers, airline management, etc
▪ By giving a training & knowledge on such situations they will be able to provide a better quality service.
▪ The knowledge you gain today will be an advantage for you tomorrow. So it will be the same to British airways as well. As they will have a knowledgeful & a skillfull workforce in future, this will help them to be a sustainable. Not only would that but also help them to stay ahead of their competitors. It will be easy to copy a product, but human capabilities cannot be copied.
What are the practical implementations of meeting the new goals set by the company for the millennium? How far...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document