1.1 OUTLINE OF THE PROJECT REPORT
Employees differ as individuals,in their needs, expectations and in behaviour. When their needs are not satisfied or their objectives are not achieved, the result is employee dissatisfaction. It’s not an easy task for the management to keep all the employees satisfied and motivated all the time. There can be different reasons for an employee being dissatisfied. The grievance handling mechanism of an organisation enables employees to air their dissatisfaction. It is important for an organization to have an effective grievance handling mechanism. This research is conducted to study the effectiveness of grievance handling mechanism of Bright Brothers Limited,Pondicherry. This report includes the various factors which are taken into consideration for measuring the job satisfaction among the employees. This research also takes into consideration the methods adopted by the organization for handling and resolving the conflict. The main focus of this study revolves around the lower level management of the organization. 1.2 NEED FOR GRIEVANCE HANDLING MECHANISM
* Helps at formulating the policies and programmes.
* It is problem solving, dispute-settling mechanism.
* Strengthen good industrial relation.
* It detects the flaws in working condition and helps to take correction measures’ * It develops faith of employees.
* Reduces, personality conflict.
* Provides judicial protection employee.
1.3 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study throws light on need for grievance handling procedure and the study facilitates the management for the improvement on the same. This study will be useful when similar kind of research is undertaken.
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
To study the effective of the grievance handling mechanism of the Bright Brother Limited . SECONDARY OBJECTIVE:
* To identify whether the employees are aware of the grievance handling mechanism. * To identify whether the grievance handling system leads to a favour attitude towards the management. * To identify that the grievance handling system leads to a mutual understanding between the workers and the management. * To know the level of satisfaction towards the grievance handling procedure of the organization.
1.5 BENEFITS OF HAVING GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE:
The grievance procedure provides a means for identifying practices, procedures, and administrative policies that are causing employee complaints so that changes can be considered. They reduce costly employment suits.
A grievance procedure allows managers to establish a uniform labour policy A grievance system can be a reliable mechanism to learn of, and resolve employee dissatisfaction. It can produce early settlements to disputes or provide for correction of contested employment issues.
1.6 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
* The respondents were very busy and could not afford more time to answer. * Study restricted to bright brothers, Pondicherry branch only. * The sample size was restricted to 140 and does not represent the whole employee population.
2.1 INDUSTRIAL PROFILE
Incorporated as a private limited company in Jul.'46, Bright Brothers (BBL) was converted into a public limited company in Oct.'94. BBL was promoted by S T Bhogwani. Other companies in the Bright group are BriteAutomotives& Plastics, T W Bhojwani Leasing Pvt Ltd and Bright International Casettes Pvt Ltd. In Dec.'94, BBL came out with a public issue of 10.65 lac equity shares at a premium of Rs. 55 each aggregating Rs. 6.92 cr, to part-finance a project to set up an injection moulded plastic components unit at Gurgoan, Haryana; and for office seating systems at Tarapur, Maharashtra, totallingRs. 22.15 cr. BBL is a pioneer in the plastics industry and has products ranging from houseware to consumer electronics, car and motor accessories, under the brand name Brite. Some of its select clients include...