Brave New World
- Bokanovsky ;
-Henry Ford, who has become a messianic figure to The World State. "Our Ford" is used in place of "Our Lord", as a credit to popularizing the use of the assembly line. - Lenina Crowne, from Vladimir Lenin, the Bolshevik leader during the Russian Revolution.
-Podsnap’s technique ;
-Founded in 1826, Pilkington is a leader in the global flat glass industry.
- Polly Trotsky, from Leon Trotsky, the Russian revolutionary leader.
- Mustapha Mond, from Mustapha Kemal Atatürk, founder of Turkey after World War I, who pulled his country into modernisation and official secularism; and Sir Alfred Mond, an industrialist and founder of the Imperial Chemical Industries conglomerate.
- Bernard Marx, from George Bernard Shaw (or possibly Bernard of Clairvaux or Claude Bernard) and Karl Marx.
- H. G. Wells, "Dr. Wells", British writer and utopian socialist, whose book Men Like Gods was an incentive for Brave New World. "All's well that ends Wells" wrote Huxley in his letters, criticizing Wells for anthropological assumptions Huxley found unrealistic.
- Our Freud ; Sigmund Freud, "Our Freud" is sometimes said in place of "Our Ford" due to the link between Freud's psychoanalysis and the conditioning of humans, and Freud's popularization of the idea that sexual activity is essential to human happiness and need not be limited to procreation. It is also strongly implied that citizens of the World State believe Freud and Ford to be the same person.
- Hans Erich Pfitzner was a German composer and self-described anti-modernist.
-Tom Kawaguchi, from the Japanese Buddhist monk Ekai Kawaguchi, the first recorded Japanese traveler to Tibet and Nepal.
- Thomas Robert Malthus, whose name is used to describe the contraceptive techniques (Malthusian belt) practiced by women of the World State.
-George Edzel ;
- Benito Hoover, from Benito Mussolini, dictator of Italy; and Herbert Hoover, then President of the...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document