Assignment of Product and brand management
Analysis of Brand Positioning of close competitors
Mr. BIRJU JANI
SAHAJANAND INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
What is brand positioning?
* Brand positioning refers to “target consumer’s” reason to buy your brand in preference to others. It is ensures that all brand activity has a common aim; is guided, directed and delivered by the brand’s benefits/reasons to buy; and it focusses at all points of contact with the consumer. * In marketing, positioning is the process by which marketers try to create an image or identity in the minds of their target market for its product, brand, or organization.
Product positioning process
Generally, the product positioning process involves:
1. Defining the market in which the product or brand will compete (who the relevant buyers are) 2. Identifying the attributes (also called dimensions) that define the product 'space' 3. Collecting information from a sample of customers about their perceptions of each product on the relevant attributes 4. Determine each product's share of mind
5. Determine each product's current location in the product space 6. Determine the target market's preferred combination of attributes (referred to as an ideal vector) 7. Examine the fit between the product and the market.
More generally, there are three types of positioning concepts: 1. Functional positions
* Solve problems
* Provide benefits to customers
* Get favorable perception by investors (stock profile) and lenders 2. Symbolic positions
* Self-image enhancement
* Ego identification
* Belongingness and social meaningfulness
* Affective fulfillment
3. Experiential positions
* Provide sensory stimulation
* Provide cognitive stimulation
So this is all about the Brand Positioning now I will explain two competitive...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document