1. The Mystery – Where great performance really comes from? 2. Talent is overrated – unexpected facts about innate abilities 3. How smart do you have to be?
4. A better idea – explanation of great performance that makes sense a. Jerry Rice
i. Six-days-a-week off-season workouts
1. Practicing long after the rest of the team had gone home 2. Very little time on football – focused concentration on specific needs * Example: Practice focused specifically on those requirements i. Change directions suddenly
ii. Explosive acceleration
iii. Endurance training
3. Understanding what is needed to be dominant. Focusing on those goals and not others. (4-55) 4. DOING THE WORK ON YOUR OWN
5. Doing the work because its necessary, NOT FUN!! 6. Solidarity practice
* Most stressful activity
* Least fun activity
* Is harder than playing for fun or playing with others * Practicing by themselves separates the (best & better from the plain old good group of performers) * 24 hours a week on average
7. RECOVERY SLEEP - Extra practice requires recovery sleep 8.
5. What deliberate practice is and isn’t
6. How deliberate practice works – specific ways it changes us, and how that makes all the difference 7. Applying the principles in our lives – the opportunities are many if we think about our work in a new way. 8. Applying the principles in our organizations – the sooner the better 9. Performing great at innovation – How the principles we’ve learned take us past the myths of creativity 10. Great performance in youth and age – extraordinary beliefs of starting early and continuing on and on 11. Where does the passion come from? – Understanding the deepest...