A History Of The World In 6 Glasses
1. The consequences of agricultural revolution was a turning point. Civilizations began focusing on making surpluses rather than producing new food and crafts. They became more modern. (pg.20)
2. The archaeological evidence that supports the cultivation, harvesting, storage and processing
of cereal grains is since there weren't any other foodstuff to makes soup they were able to make a thick porridge or a thin broth or gruel. This discovery led to the creation of tools and techniques to collect, process, and store grain. (pg.11-12)
3. The result of farming led to food surplus, The result was the first permanent settlements such as those established on the eastern coast of the mediterranean from around 10,000 BCE. They consisted of simple round huts with roofs supported by wooden posts and floors sunk up to a yard into the ground. (pg.13-14)
4. There was never a particular reason for the switch to farming. There are theories, perhaps the amount of food available to hunter-gatherers in the fertile crescent diminished, for example, either because of climatic changes, or because some species died out or were hunted to extinction. Another possibility is that sedentary lifestyle increased human fertility, leading the population to grow. Or perhaps, once beer was discovered, and its consumption had become socially and ritually important.
5. The storehouses were definitely communal due to the fact that they were larger than any single family would need. Keeping surpluses of food was back up for any future food shortages; ritual and religious in which the gods were called upon to ensure good harvest.(pg.22-23)
6. The discovery of beer led people to settle in one place and farm. They were able to make new discoveries out of beer like porridge ect. It led... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 01). Book Report History of the World in 6 Glasses. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 01, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Book-Report-History-Of-The-World-1362834.html
"Book Report History of the World in 6 Glasses" StudyMode.com. 01 2013. 2013. 01 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Book-Report-History-Of-The-World-1362834.html>.
- MLA 7
"Book Report History of the World in 6 Glasses." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 01 2013. Web. 01 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Book-Report-History-Of-The-World-1362834.html>.
"Book Report History of the World in 6 Glasses." StudyMode.com. 01, 2013. Accessed 01, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Book-Report-History-Of-The-World-1362834.html.