SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
FIN 680: CASE STUDIES IN FINANCE
Dr. Shaikh A. Hamid
Office Hours: TBA
Tel: 813 0801 (H)/01711 58 58 36 (M)
Course Objective: This course is designed to provide opportunity for in-depth analysis of some of the major financial issues and concepts relating to corporate survival and growth. A major learning tool will be the use of finance cases.
Course Outcome: The course is designed to provide the following competencies:
1. Communication: Students will demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively through written, oral, and other forms of communication.
2. Problem Solving: Students will develop the skills to identify problems, analyze them reasonably, and find solutions creatively.
3. Teamwork: Students will develop a broad range of interpersonal skills in order to function effectively as a participant in team and group situations.
4. Analytical Skills: Students will appropriately use and apply quantitative and qualitative methods of analysis, use data, statistical methods, and decision sciences, which they can fruitfully apply to attain organizational objectives.
5. Global Orientation: Students will attain a global perspective in financial decision making.
6. Legal and Ethical Practices: Student will realize the legal and ethical considerations and implications of personal, social, and business activities.
7. Strategic Approach: Students will be able to think and plan strategically in making business decisions.
8. Leadership: Students will be able to function effectively as a team and organizational leader.
Workload: (i) The class will be divided into groups (not to exceed two students per group). Each group will present in class about two case analyses. Case presentations will be developed using handouts, charts, overheads, PowerPoint, etc.
(ii) Readings: In addition to the cases articles will be assigned.
Course Materials: 1. As a... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 08). Bobita. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bobita-754375.html
"Bobita" StudyMode.com. 08 2011. 08 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bobita-754375.html>.
"Bobita." StudyMode.com. 08, 2011. Accessed 08, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bobita-754375.html.