1. Facebook now has over 1 billion active monthly users
2. Facebook's active monthly user base has doubled since July 2010 3. Facebook is experiencing extremely strong growth in emerging markets, with Brazil's monthly active user count doubling in 2012 4. Facebook's CEO and Founder Mark Zuckerberg has a large financial interest in Facebook's future. His wealth and his legacy is tied to the success of Facebook, so he has a strong drive to make sure Facebook becomes very profitable 5. Posted $150 million in revenue from the mobile advertising space last quarter, up sharply from $10 million in the prior quarter 6. High barriers to entry, what other company has over a billion users and can offer you the fullest social networking experience 7. A monopoly in the social networking space
8. MySpace continues to fade away from people's memories
1. Mobile Ad revenue is extremely lacking, with only 14% of Facebook's revenue coming from this sector, yet 60% of its users use the social networking site on their smartphones and other mobile devices 2. Facebook posted a loss in the last 2 quarters
3. Facebook is down sharply from its all-time high of $45, and is lower than the $38 IPO price 4. Facebook has seen very strong user growth over the years, but that will slow down as developed market user growth levels off and the developing markets start to see slower growth 5. China's government still doesn't allow Facebook to operate there 6. While Facebook is experiencing strong international growth, it only makes 55 cents per user in Asia, while it makes $3.20 a user in North America 7. Less than 20% of Facebook users live in North America, yet they account for 48% of Facebook's advertising revenue. The North American market is nearing complete saturation, and user growth has grounded to a halt. Which means even if it experiences strong growth overseas, those users will make much less than domestic users Opportunities
1. Has a lot of room to expand...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document