1. When and where did the first cities develop?
* The first city that humans have ever discovered to date is a 6000 year old city in Syria. Before that they supposed that the 4000 year old city of Mesopotamia.
2. Why did cities developed particularly fast after the Industrial Revolution?
* It’s because cities were the center of the Revolution. They had a rise of substanctial products and supplies like electricity, water power, steam power because they could operate machines that were mostly built in cities. It also improved agricultural productivity, helped the farmers to do less work but still had the same or more production rate compared to before.
3. What are some problems that arise as cities develop?
* There’ll be more social problems, such as factories producing smoke that damages the environment. Needs of wooden materials will lead to cut down trees. As the citizens develop in economy, there will be more burglars and stealers.
4. What do you think are some of the advantages of living:
a. In a large city?
* You can go and buy things easily with shopping malls and a lot of convenient stores. You can socialize and meet richer people and get a good job easily. Emergencies can be a lot quicker because there’s a lot of everything, from hospitals to schools to police stations.
b. In a small town? Which one would you prefer? Why?
* Living in a small town, you could have a lot of natural experiences, such as a lot of grass fields, fewer buildings and better environment. People in small towns would be nicer and friendlier compared to big cities’ people.
* I would prefer city because I was born and raised in a city so I’m used to everything in a city, I would be bored within just a few days at smaller towns.
c. On a farm?
* It would be very environmental, I would be close to animals and plants and other natural resources.
5. Can you... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 09). Bla Bla. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 09, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bla-Bla-413568.html
"Bla Bla" StudyMode.com. 09 2010. 09 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bla-Bla-413568.html>.
"Bla Bla." StudyMode.com. 09, 2010. Accessed 09, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bla-Bla-413568.html.