|Full Name |Kelly Stellfox | |Date |May 5th 2011 |
Use this document to report your findings from the PopEcoLab Exploration Experiment. The lab report consists of three sections: Data, Exploration, and Lab Summary. • Data: copy any data, graphs, charts, or notes that you have saved in your PopEcoLab online notebook into this section. • Exploration: Answer the questions. The questions in the Exploration section are the same questions in your PopEcoLab instructions. • Lab Summary: Write a 100- to 200-word summary.
To copy your data from your online notebook into this section, click on Export Data and then copy and paste your data into this section. You must disable your pop-up blocker before exporting. Identify each set of data with a title.
Answer the following questions in fewer than 100 words:
Activity 1: Carrying Capacity
1. What did you observe for the carrying capacity of each species?
Activity 2: Increased Insect Consumption of Brown Sparrow
1. What happened to the density of the two sparrows? The density of the two sparrows decreased
2. What is the point at which one of the two species goes extinct? The two species go extinct in a year. The year is 2001
Activity 3: Increased Insect Consumption of Blue Sparrow
1. What happened to the density of the two sparrows? Is that what you expected? Explain your results. The density of the two sparrows increased, this isn’t what I expect because I feel these two sparrows are to similiar
Activity 4: Increased Insect Consumption of Both Sparrows
1. What happens as you increase the amount of competition between the two species of sparrows? Explain these results. The brown sparrow population increased while the blue sparrow decreased.
Address the following...