We recognize the importance of biodiversity conservation and support it through our values, performance, and communication and engagement.
Values: Protecting the safety and health of people and the environment is a Chevron core value. Therefore, we:
* Strive to design our facilities and conduct our operations to avoid adverse impacts to human health and to operate in an environmentally sound, reliable and efficient manner.
* Conduct our operations responsibly in all areas, including environments with sensitive biological characteristics.
Performance: We strive to avoid or minimize significant risks and impacts our projects and operations may pose to sensitive species, habitats and ecosystems. This means that we:
* Integrate biodiversity into our business decision-making and management through our Operational Excellence (OE) management system.
* Drive and assess our performance relating to biodiversity through key OE expectations, such as Environmental Stewardship, and processes, including HES Due Diligence for Property Transfers; Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment; and Risk Management.
* Understand that humans and the natural environment are interdependent and interact with each other in various ways. In managing our impacts we consider those... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2012, 02). Biological Diversity. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 02, 2012, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Biological-Diversity-906341.html
"Biological Diversity" StudyMode.com. 02 2012. 02 2012 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Biological-Diversity-906341.html>.
"Biological Diversity." StudyMode.com. 02, 2012. Accessed 02, 2012. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Biological-Diversity-906341.html.