1. Which is the smallest unit of life that can survive and reproduce on its own? A CELL
| 2. ATP ? ALL OF THESE ( CAN BE PRODUCED BY PHOTOSYNTHESIS/IS PRODUCED IN THE DEGRADATION OF ORGANIC COMPOUNDS SUCH AS GLUCOSE/IS GENERATED IN FERMENTATION/IS RELEASED IN AEROBIC RESPIRATION
| 3. Which of the following is true for enzymes: ALL OF THESE (MOST ENZYMES ARE PROTEINS, WORK AS CATALYST, LOWER THE ACTIVATION ENERGY REQUIRED TO START CHEMICAL REACTIONS, ARE NOT CONSUMED OR ALTERED DURING CHEMICIAL REACTIONS.
| 4. The negative subatomic particle is the ? ELECTRON
5. What is the smallest portion of a substance that retains the properties of an element? ATOM
| 6. The chromosomes have arrived at opposite poles during? TELEPHASE
| 7. When O2 accepts electrons in aerobic respiration, it is converted to? H20
| 8. Enzymatic reactions can be affected by? ALLOF THESE (Ph,Salinity,Temperature,Cofactors)
| 9. Which of the following are lipids? ALL OF THESE (Steroids,Tyriglycerides,Oils,WaxES)
| 10. Amino acids are the building blocks for? PROTEINS
11. Which of the following includes all the others? CARBOHYDRATE
| 12. Chlorophyll absorbs which color(s) of light? RED AND VIOLET
| 13. The positive subatomic particle is the? PROTON
14. ATP is produced in? BOTH CHLOROPLASTS AND MITOCHONDRIA
| 15. One portion of the cell theory states that? ALL LIVING ORGANISMS ARE MADE UP OF ONE OR MORE CELLS
| 16. In humans, each body cell contains 46 chromosomes.
| 17. A pine tree is called a sporophyte because it? PRODUCES SPORES
| 18. The nucleus of an atom contains? NEUTRONS AND PROTONS
| 19. Which of the following designates a normal human female? XX
| 20. The products of the light dependent reactions of photosynthesis? INCLUDE ATP AND O2
| 21. Thylakoid disks are? STACKED
22. If a daughter expresses an X-linked recessive gene, she inherited the trait from? BOTHS PARENTS
| 23. These...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document