1. Beaker 7. Eyedropper 13. Paper towel
2. Compound microscope 8. Forceps 14. Pencil
3. Coverslip 9. Human blood slide 15. Purple Onion
4. Drawing paper 10. Iodine solution 16. Scalpel
5. Elodea slide 11. Lens paper 17. Toothpick
6. Epithelial Cells Slide of Cheek 12. Microscope slide
1. What is the basic structural feature that distinguishes plants and animal cells from bacteria?
Unlike bacteria cells, plants and animal cells contain a nucleus.
2. In what way do blood cells resemble unicellular organisms?
Blood cells resemble unicellular organisms in their function.
3. Why are blood cells considered a tissue?
Blood cells are considered a tissue because they contain red and white blood cells. All tissues are made up of cells.
4. Can mature erythrocytes be classified as cells? Why or why not?
Mature erythrocytes cannot be classified as cells because they lack a nucleus a few organelles.
5. What is the general shape of a typical plant cell?
A typical plant cell is shaped like a rectangle.
6. In what ways are the cells of onion epidermis and Elodea similar?
The cells of onion epidermis and Elodea are similar because they all have a cell membrane and a cytoplasm. Also, their cells are single-layered.
7. In what ways are the cells of onion epidermis and Elodea different?
Unlike the cells of onion epidermis, the cells of Elodea contain chloroplasts that are used for photosynthesis.
8. What OBSERVABLE characteristics can be used as evidence for classifying a specimen as a plant?
The observable characteristics that can be used as evidence for classifying a specimen as a plant: rectangular shaped cell wall, central vacuole, and chloroplasts.
9. Inside the mouth, the epithelial... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2011, 12). Bio Lab. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 12, 2011, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bio-Lab-876872.html
"Bio Lab" StudyMode.com. 12 2011. 12 2011 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bio-Lab-876872.html>.
"Bio Lab." StudyMode.com. 12, 2011. Accessed 12, 2011. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Bio-Lab-876872.html.