Background of the Study
In our generation so many things are different. The advent of technology has changed the way we live, work and spends leisure time. Computer was considered the lifeblood of society; they are everywhere. And the advancement in discoveries, both in hardware and software, keep coming, day in and day out. Technology changes and improves at a rapid pace and companies and institutions have cope with it. This is because as the latest knowledge of development in computer technology grows people’s standard increase. They seek and crave for better and more efficient ways to accomplish tedious task. At the present time, people behind large and small companies adopt modern technology in order to survive and compete with markets demands. Also, through the use of this, different transactions and processing systems have become computerized for greater ease and accuracy. A billing system is a combination of software and hardware that receives call detail and service usage information, groups this information for specific accounts or customers, produces invoices, creates reports for management, and records (posts) payments made to customer accounts. The billing system also receives CDRs from other carriers (such as a long distance service provider). The billing system then guides the billing records to the correct account and rates the call using the rate tables. These updated billing records are placed in a billing pool. The back end of the billing system periodically combines records from the bill pool to create a single invoice that is sent to the customer. The customer then sends the payment to the telecom service provider. The payments are posted (recorded) in the billing system. History files are then updated for the use of customer service representatives (CSRs) and auditing managers. Alepo's Convergent Charging & Billing system provides a unified platform for advanced rating & online / offline charging functions across all services, technologies and subscription types. The online solution readily bridges the prepaid / postpaid divide, making it possible to interchange features of traditionally segregated prepaid charging and postpaid billing systems, such as enforcing credit limits for postpaid voice. The convergent system with an advanced, built-in rating engine, grants service providers the utmost flexibility in designing innovative business plans and service bundles to attract new customers and propel revenue & market share. System Objective
The study aims to design and develop a Billing system for Body and Sole. Business Benefits
The primary business benefit to be obtained from the new System is to have the capability of having efficient management of billings from the store. More immediate benefits will: * Reduce errors caused by manual processing of billing.
* Save time especially when huge customers are present at the store * Increase inventory turnover by tracking sales of popular items and slow movers * Increase efficiencies in inventory and supply chain management * Support strategic competitive advantage
* Add and maintain records of available products
* Add and maintain customer details
* Add and maintain description of new products
* Add and maintain new entered category of products
* Provides economic/financial reports to the owner monthly or weekly and Yearly
* Provides a convenient solution of billing pattern
* Make an easy to use environment for users and customers * Provide flexible subscription plan architecture to allow unlimited subscription billing options * Automate recurring billing and reconciliation processes * Provide customer care and billing services for multiple search and reference services * Computer operator control
Significance of the Study
The Billing System of MSV3 Mini Mart is designed to provide an innovative tool in the management of the store. This would take a...