* Revenues from Operations up by 57% to Rs 662 crore (US$ 143 million) * EBITDA from Operations Higher by 18% at Rs 68 crore (US$ 15 million) * Cinema Division revenues grew by 103% to Rs 345 crore (US$ 74 million) * Film and Media Services revenues grew by 51% to Rs 135 crore (US$ 29 million) * BIG Synergy recorded growth of 38% to Rs 40 crore (US$ 9 million). During FY 2008-09, Adlabs has significantly scaled up its business operations. The highlights are as below: BIG Cinemas
* BIG Cinemas established a dominant network of 428 screens spread across India, US, Malaysia and Mauritius. * In India, BIG Cinemas expanded its network to 201 screens spread across 60 cities. * BIG Cinemas contributes 11-15% to the box office in India and 25-35% of box office collections of the large Hindi films from the US and over 70% of US collections of Tamil and Telugu films. * BIG Cinemas was awarded International Exhibitor of the Year 2008 by CineAsia 2008 at Macau. * During the current year, BIG Cinemas will expand footprint into Netherlands in Europe and Nepal. Lee Strasberg Institute comes to India | Is MJ's murky side out? Film and Media Services
• Adlabs Motion Picture Processing has continued to maintain market leadership.
• Adlabs' DI Lab, the only 4K facility in Asia with real time grading capabilities has established itself as a market leader in providing DI services within nine months of commencing operations.
• Adlabs Digital Cinema was the first in the world to commercially distribute digital cinema films over the optic fiber cable (OFC), using Reliance Communications' FLAG network.
• Adlabs TV broadcast equipment rentals which pioneered tapeless solution in India, has established itself as the premium and dominant service provider in India catering to events, reality shows and game shows. The company will be expanding its scope to film equipment during the coming year.
• Adlabs has become the...