Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited is a state-owned telecommunications company headquartered in New Delhi, India. BSNL is one of the largest cellular service provider, with over 81 million subscribers as of October 2010 and the largest land line telephone provider in India.
* 3G:BSNL offers the '3G' or the'3rd Generation' services which includes facilities like video calling, live tv, 3G Video portal, streaming services.
* Universal Telecom Services: Fixed wireline services & Wireless in Local loop (WLL) using CDMA Technology.
* Cellular Mobile Telephone Services: BSNL is major provider of Cellular Mobile Telephone services using GSM platform under the brand name CellOne & Excel (BSNL Mobile).
* WLL-CDMA Telephone Services: BSNL's WLL (Wireless in Local Loop) service is the most reliable and affordable service.
* Internet: BSNL provides internet services through dial-up connection (Sancharnet) as Prepaid, (NetOne) as Postpaid and ADSL broadband (BSNL Broadband).
* Intelligent Network (IN): BSNL provides IN services offers value-added services, such as Free Phone Service (FPH), India Telephone Card (Prepaid card), Virtual Private Network (VPN), Universal Access Number (UAN) and more.
* IPTV: BSNL also offers the 'Internet Protocol Television' facility which enables us to watch television through internet.
* FTTH: Fibre to The Home facility that offers a higher bandwidth for data transfer.
The turnover, nationwide coverage, reach, comprehensive range of telecom services and the desire to excel has made BSNL the No. 1 Telecom Company of India.
BSNL - JTO Placement Preparation Tips and Placement Process
The selection of candidates into the BSNL JTO post is done on the basis of an All India Competitive Examination. Students who score good marks will be short listed and called for an interview. The placement procedure contains 4 stages. Each stage has its own difficulty. Applicants who clear all the 4 steps in the selection procedure shall be given the final call letter.
BSNL - JTO Placement Test
The BSNL – JTO paper is divided into 3. The question distribution is mentioned below.
BSNL Recruitment for JTOs (Telecom)
Part - I : Engineering stream - 50
Part - II : Engineering stream - 50
Part - III : General Ability Test - 20
For JTOs (Electrical)
Part -I : Electrical Engineering stream - 50
Part -II : Electrical Engineering stream - 50
Part -III : General Awareness - 20
Recruitment in BSNL JTOs (Civil)
Part -I : Civil Engineering stream - 50
Part -II : Civil Engineering stream - 50
Part -III : General Ability Test - 20
The question paper of the BSNL JTO exam will be completely of the objective nature. Its syllabus will be similar to that of the Engineering Examination carried out by any Indian university.
BSNL - JTO Placement Interview
Once the applicant has cleared the written test, the Technical Interview is the next round for them in the selection procedure. In this interview, applicants will be questioned about the subjects they have studied so far. They might be asked questions about the project that they have done. The HR interview will follow this round.
BSNL - JTO Placement Test Preparation Tips
Questions of general nature will be asked in the written part of the interview procedure. One can consider this as the easiest part in the selection...