1. Jummah preparations should begin on Thursday such as clipping the nails, removing of the hair etc (Ihya aul-Uloom, vol. 1, page 161)
2. To have a bath (Ghusl) (Bukhari, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)
On one Friday, Rasulallah said: "O Muslims! Allah Ta'ala has made this day a day of Eid. So have a bath on this day, whoever has perfume should apply it, and use the Miswaak.“ (Ibn Majah)
3. To use Miswaak (Ibid)
4. To use Attar (Perfume) (Ibid)
5. To wear nice clothes (Abu Dawood, Chapter of Ghusl on the day of Jummah)
6. To proceed early as possible to the Masjid for Jummah
Rasulallah (Pbuh) said: "On the day of Jummah, the angels stand at the entrance of that Masjid in which Jummah salaat is to be offered. They write down the name of the person who enters the Masjid first, and thereafter the name of the person who follows, and they continue doing this. The person who entered first will receive the reward of sacrificing a camel in the path of Allah; the one who followed him will get the reward of sacrificing a cow, thereafter a chicken, thereafter the reward of giving an egg as charity in the path of Allah. Once the khutbah commences, the angels close the register and begin listening to the khutbah. “ (Bukhari and Muslim)
7. To walk to the Masjid if possible for every step is a reward of a years Nafl Fast (Tirmidhi)
8. One should listen very attentively to the khutba even if one does not understand. One should not speak or even warn another to keep quite while the khutba is in progress.
9. To try to sit as close as possible to the Imaam. (Ibn Majah, Tirmidhi)
10. If the Saffs (rows) are already filled, one should not jump over the shoulders of the musallies in order to get to the front. (Abu Dawood)
11. One should not fiddle with clothes or fingers but listen attentively (Ibn Majah)
12. When Rasulallah (Pbuh) name is mentioned in the khutba then it is permissible to recite durood in the heart only without the movement of the lips or tongue.
13. Between the two khutba’s one should make dua. It is permissible to make dua without raising hands or moving the lips (I.e. dua should be made in the heart only without the movement of the lips or the tongue) (Aadaab -E - Zindagee)
14. To read: Surah Al A’ala (Sura no 87) in the first rakaat of Jummah Salah and Surah Gaathia (Surah no 88) in the second rakaat. (Bukhari)
15. Related by Hakim and Bayhaqi, from Abu Sa`id “Whoever recites Surat al-Kahf on Friday, light shall shine forth for him between the two Fridays.” (Ibn Hajar, Talkhis al- Habir)
16. Rasulallah (Pbuh) is reported to have said, “Recite Durood upon me in abundance on the day of Jummah since they are presented to me.” (Ibn Majah)
17 . Making abundant dua on Jummah...