COMPONENTS OF MOTHERBOARD
NAME : MUHAMMAD FARIHIN AZMY BIN HASLAN
ID NO : 2012610106
CODE PROGRAM : CS110
GROUP : CS1103B
LECTURER’S NAME : MISS KETTY ANAK CHECHIL
* The motherboard is the heart of the computer.
* It links all of the components together into one machine. * All computer components are connected to the motherboard either through input/output ports, slots, or adapter cards. * There are built in components that can be removed that all functioning motherboards contain. * These components are the central processing unit, random access memory or RAM, the data BUS, and adapter card slots. * Another essential item is an auxiliary storage device. * These can include hard disk drives, floppy disk drives, CD-ROMS, or other permanent storage units.
1. SATA Connectors(Serial Advanced Technology Attachment) * It is an interface used to connect ATA hard drives to a computer's motherboard. * SATA transfer rates start at 150MBps, which is significantly faster than even the fastest 100MBps ATA/100 drives. * Serial ATA is likely to replace the previous standard, Parallel ATA (PATA), which has been around since the 1980s. * SATA (Serial ATA) is an advance on this where the signals are sent over a serial bus not a parallel bus. * The cable is much smaller and it will run at higher speed and will support more than 2 drives on a bus.
2. IDE Connectors(Integrated Drive Electronics)
* IDE is also known as ATA or PATA (Parallel ATA) and is a way of handling a parallel data bus from a disk drive (a disk drive) to a computer mother board where the disk controller is mostly embedded in the disk drive. * IDE and its updated successor, Enhanced IDE (EIDE), are the most common drive interfaces found in IBM compatible computers today. * connects CD drives and Hard drives to the mother board. * They transfer data and...