COMPONENTS OF MOTHERBOARD
NAME : MUHAMMAD FARIHIN AZMY BIN HASLAN
ID NO : 2012610106
CODE PROGRAM : CS110
GROUP : CS1103B
LECTURER’S NAME : MISS KETTY ANAK CHECHIL
* The motherboard is the heart of the computer.
* It links all of the components together into one machine.
* All computer components are connected to the motherboard either through input/output ports, slots, or adapter cards.
* There are built in components that can be removed that all functioning motherboards contain.
* These components are the central processing unit, random access memory or RAM, the data BUS, and adapter card slots.
* Another essential item is an auxiliary storage device.
* These can include hard disk drives, floppy disk drives, CD-ROMS, or other permanent storage units.
1. SATA Connectors(Serial Advanced Technology Attachment)
* It is an interface used to connect ATA hard drives to a computer's motherboard.
* SATA transfer rates start at 150MBps, which is significantly faster than even the fastest 100MBps ATA/100 drives.
* Serial ATA is likely to replace the previous standard, Parallel ATA (PATA), which has been around since the 1980s.
* SATA (Serial ATA) is an advance on this where the signals are sent over a serial bus not a parallel bus.
* The cable is much smaller and it will run at higher speed and will support more than 2 drives on a bus.
2. IDE Connectors(Integrated Drive Electronics)
* IDE is also known as ATA or PATA (Parallel ATA) and is a way of handling a parallel data bus from a disk drive (a disk drive) to a computer mother board where the disk controller is mostly embedded in the disk drive.
* IDE and its updated successor, Enhanced IDE (EIDE), are the most common drive interfaces found in IBM compatible computers today.
* connects CD drives and Hard drives to the mother board.
* They transfer... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2013, 08). Becoma Ablood Donor. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2013, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Becoma-Ablood-Donor-1888389.html
"Becoma Ablood Donor" StudyMode.com. 08 2013. 2013. 08 2013 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Becoma-Ablood-Donor-1888389.html>.
- MLA 7
"Becoma Ablood Donor." StudyMode.com. StudyMode.com, 08 2013. Web. 08 2013. <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Becoma-Ablood-Donor-1888389.html>.
"Becoma Ablood Donor." StudyMode.com. 08, 2013. Accessed 08, 2013. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Becoma-Ablood-Donor-1888389.html.