1) Which of the following statements is true of marketing plans? a) They are typically five-year plans and they lay out the strategies required to achieve targets in those five years b) They provide direction and focus for a brand, product, or company. c) They are usually profit-oriented.
d) They are of limited use to non-profit organizations.
e) They can be independently developed without worrying about other functional areas. 2) Activities involved in building deeper understanding of existing consumers and what the product offerings mean to them would be a part of ________. a) customer prospecting process
b) customer relationship management process
c) customer equity process
d) customer acquisition process
e) customer integrating management process
3) Which of the following is best described as a market-oriented business definition? a) Missouri-Pacific Railroad: We run a railroad.
b) Encyclopedia Britannica: We distribute information.
c) Columbia Pictures: We make movies.
d) Xerox: We make copying equipment.
e) Standard Oil: We sell gasoline.
4) ________ are basic human requirements, while ________ are the ways in which those requirements are satisfied. a) Needs; demands
b) Needs; wants
c) Wants; needs
d) Demands; needs
e) Demands; wants
5) At the heart of any marketing program is the firm's ________, its tangible offering to the market. a) Brand
6) Unlike its competitors in the online air travel industry, Travelocity provides its customers with a greater variety of services such as cruise reservations, package tours, hotel bookings, and car rentals. This is an example of a(n) ________ strategy. a) Diversification
e) overall cost leadership
7) The Soccer World Cup is promoted aggressively to both companies and fans. This is an example of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document