Meter are typically used to measure the consumption for each customer.meters continuously register a customer’s consumption of electricity,gas, or water.continously register a customer’s consumption of electericty,gas or water.At regular intervels, the meter is read by the utility providing the service.
Readings are then used as basis for energy and water bills ,Traditionally meter readongd has been done manually at intervels .here the meter considered for the project is energy meters.but the same technique can be implemented for any type of meters.
Energy meters were mainly classified into two types.they are
2) digital solidstate.
ISSUES WITH STAND-ALONE METERREADINGS
• Highly person dependant
• Higher errors cannot be avoided
• Avvessibilitity of meter in rural/agicultural zones.
• Energy audits performed based on bill collection,which is highly inaccurate.
• Billing done mainly on estimated /monthly averages basis.
• Inability to monitr and control discrete loads.
• Billing cycle requires excessive time.
• Meter data used only for billing, cannot help in analysis like demand analysis,energy audit ,pinpointing losses,etc.,
Table 1.1 Comparison of electro-mechanical,digital and smart meter.
|Past |Present |Future |
|Electro-mechanical |Digital |Smart meter |
|Low accuracy |High accuracy | Very high accracuy |
| | | |
|Control-nil |Contro-limited... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2010, 08). Be Project. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2010, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Be-Project-377009.html
"Be Project" StudyMode.com. 08 2010. 08 2010 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Be-Project-377009.html>.
"Be Project." StudyMode.com. 08, 2010. Accessed 08, 2010. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Be-Project-377009.html.