Sikkim Manipal University Model Question Paper Subject: Marketing Subject code: BB0001; Book id: B0078 Total marks: 70 marks Notes: 1. Question paper has three parts i.e. Part A, Part B and Part C (Total 38 questions) 2. Part A consist 20 questions of 1 mark each 3. Part B consist 11 questions of 2 marks each. 4. Part C consist 7 questions of 4 marks each. 5. All questions are compulsory
PART A (One mark questions)
1) Marketing myopia is found in which of the marketing concept? a. Production b. Selling c. Marketing d. Product
2) Aspiration group is a part of _______________ factor that influences consumer behaviour a. Psychological b. Personal c. Social d. Economic
Which promotional tool is considered to have direct contact with customers? a. Sales promotion b. Advertising c. Publicity d. Personal selling
4) When a product eventually dies out from the market, this stage is termed as a. Saturation b. Decline
c. Obsolescence d. Maturity
5) Which of the following is an example for durable goods? a. Gas b. Cameras c. Grocery goods d. Office supplies
6) Marketing analysis comprises of which of the following elements? a. Exchange process b. Marketing audit c. Marketing process d. Product design
7) Which among the following is a part of Micro-environment? a. b. c. d. Consumer Government Politicians Employees
8) Which of the following features of service makes it difficult to store for future use? a. Inseparability b. Intangibility c. Heterogeneity d. Perishability
9) Short-term incentives adopted to promote and encourage purchase and sale of products is referred to as a. Sales Promotion b. Personal selling c. Publicity d. Advertising
10) Reducing the number of products in a product line is called as –
a. b. c. d.
Product line contraction Product line expansion Product line modification Product mix
11) Family income is an example for which type of factor? a. Personal b. Political c. Economic d. Social 12) Mass production is followed in which of the following marketing philosophies? a. b. c. d. Social marketing concept Selling concept Product concept Marketing concept
13) Identify the secondary buying motive from the following – a. b. c. d. Comfort Social approval Attraction Curiosity
14) One of the bases for segmenting markets based on socio-economic factor is – a. b. c. d. Usage rate Brand loyalty Climate Education
15) Mass marketing is also called as – a. b. c. d. Differentiated marketing Undifferentiated marketing Concentrated marketing Individualised marketing
16) Which of the following represents brand personality?
a. b. c. d.
Self image Buyer’s Perception Brand image Buying motivation
17) Name the type of role performed by individuals who strongly affects the purchase of a product. a. b. c. d. Initiator Buyer Influencer Decider
18) Modern marketing concept is ______________________. a. b. c. d. Product oriented Production oriented Customer oriented Supplier oriented
19) Standardisation is a ________________ function of marketing. a. b. c. d. Physical distribution Auxiliary Selling Merchandising
20) When customers choose substitute products, then they have to consider which type of costs? a. b. c. d. Cost of industrial output Cost of switching Cost of materials Price-performance ratio
PART B (Two marks questions)
21) Identify the true and false statements – A. Using loud speakers is a form of advertising B. Outdoor advertising is also called as mural advertising a. A and B is true
b. c. d.
A and B is false A is false and B is true A is true and B is false
22) The act of selling the same item produced under a single control, at different prices to different buyers is known as a. Price determination b. Price discrimination c. Absorption pricing d. Cost based pricing 23) When each party has something that could be of value to other party, it results into – a. Exchange process b. Marketing activity c. Market place d. Money exchange 24)...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document