• ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF BANQUET MANAGER.
1. Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups.
• 2. Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and make adjustments according to the above items.
3. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
4. Maintain a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention
Specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
5. Maintain constant communication with the Convention Service/Catering Sales Manager as it applies to the client at hand.
6. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications.
7. Communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel (set up) to ensure smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another.
8. Develop and maintain all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost... [continues]
Cite This Essay
(2008, 08). Banquet Functions. StudyMode.com. Retrieved 08, 2008, from http://www.studymode.com/essays/Banquet-Functions-161214.html
"Banquet Functions" StudyMode.com. 08 2008. 08 2008 <http://www.studymode.com/essays/Banquet-Functions-161214.html>.
"Banquet Functions." StudyMode.com. 08, 2008. Accessed 08, 2008. http://www.studymode.com/essays/Banquet-Functions-161214.html.