There was a great deal of planning and because it was for a dinner and dance, planning was essential. In this respect, the cost of the dinner and dance was justifiable to meet financial objectives. The dinner and dance showed a well planned table arrangement which creates space between tables and makes the banquet room look spacious after 100 people have been seated. The details of the dinner and dance were emphasized by the décor and atmosphere of the place, creating an ambience of sophistication and giving a touch of exquisite class.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF BANQUET MANAGER.
1. Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups.
2. Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and make adjustments according to the above items.
3. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
4. Maintain a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention Specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees.
5. Maintain constant communication with the Convention Service/Catering Sales Manager as it applies to the client at hand.
6. Responsible for the appropriate and timely set up of all functions and meetings while maintaining standards of food, beverage and meeting specifications.
7. Communicate all daily activities, in person or by log, to the other banquet personnel (set up) to ensure smooth transition and follow-up from one function to another.
8. Develop and maintain all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document