SAINT CATHERINE’S ACADEMY is the first non-stock, non- profit co-educational sectarian school established in Porac, Pampanga. Fr. Santiago Blanco, O.S.A., founded this institution in 1951 initially offering secondary education. It received recognition from the Department of Education, Culture and Sports (DECS) on April 1961. Subsequently, the Pre-school and Grade School Department opened in 1995. As an ArchdiocesanSchool under the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of San Fernando (Pampanga), Saint Catherine’s Academy is a member of the Association of Archdiocesan Schools of Pampanga (AASP). It is also a member of the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP). The school is named after St. Catherine of Alexandria, a Virgin and Martyr of the 4th century. Saint Catherine exhibited a life of intimacy with Christ and commitment to intellectual pursuit. She is not only revered as Patron of Students but also as an example for students in the integration of faith and reason, science and religion. She serves both as intercessor and constant inspiration for the members of the SCA academic community. Throughout the decades, Saint Catherine Academy has offered educational opportunities to the community as called for by the times and circumstances. From an initial enrollment of High School Freshmen in 1951, the school was expanded by the administrators to provide a full program for secondary education and continued as an elementary school with kindergarten through the sixth grade in 1995. From its beginnings in the former Parish Convent, the school facilities were expanded through the years to include 27 classrooms, laboratories, a clinic, work rooms, 2 libraries and offices, encompassing approximately 1,700 sq. mts. with a multi-purpose quadrangle. Since its establishment in 1951, SCA has served the local Church and community of Porac by providing quality and excellent Catholic education. To date, it has produced graduate representing all strata of...
Please join StudyMode to read the full document